27 June, 2023

2023 - permabee

WHEW.

Permabee done!

It was a long day - from 10am until about 5pm. A few people left at lunchtime or just after, but the stalwarts stayed on until sundown to finish up the projects to a point where I could manage them myself (sort of). So we didn't get everything done to completion, but we made headway, and I'll take that!

Lunch was a hit - two soups (a Spiced Carrot Soup from a recipe book and a Roasted Thai Carrot & Sweet Potato soup) plus homemade bread (dutch oven, yeast-risen), plus banana bread, and other things people brought/made.

Permabee and June

The compost bays are done, reduced in size to be smaller and more manageable. I think the back is hardwood, so that should last a decent while.

To do on Thursday get some lids on the bays - I have some roofing metal, and some wood that can be used as framing - because we have a rainy week in the offing.

Permabee and June

The chook tunnels are 80% done - the sides are anchored in the ground, a section of the top is done, but I need to finish off the rest, which I can do myself over the coming week.

Permabee and June

to do Thursday: cut/trim all the top sections so they're the right fit.

Permabee and June

The garden beds got only about 50% done. The sides are prepped and cut into lengths, I have to drill them into the stakes for the corners and set them into place (sometimes digging down to get them in and level-ish).

to do Friday: take out the old, rotting wooden pieces from the garden, get the screws out (where possible) and put them on the verge for special trash collection.

to do Saturday: set up at least one garden bed, to give an idea of what needs to be properly done, and so I can work out the fitting of the chook tractor over the garden beds.

Permabee and June

Not done: chipping the remainder of the tree branches, spraying the trees, fixing up the chook tractor. Ah well, I hoped but didn't expect.

That said, I really need to spray the trees ASAP.

Next things to do:
Clean out the blue water barrels
finish chipping the wood
fix up the wheelbarrows

No comments:

Post a Comment