03 July, 2022

Dear Diary - 3rd July

First day in a while I felt good enough to go out and work in the garden...

WEATHER

88mm in the 24 hours to 7:30 this morning; I think they'll be worse off down south than us up north, but it's still a lot of rain. More due in the next 48 hours, plus significant winds.

CHOOKS

Still on the CREPE-APRICOT, Goong is laying in the leafmulch, Shan and Sisi in the laying box (which I've stabilised with a brick.)

Something has dug into the chook pen, probably won't find out until the pen gets fully dug out...and even that's questionable.

PRUNING & PREPARING

Trimmed off the pumpkin vines that were on the netting up to the northside gutter. I think that entire side needs a stronger pergola and something more permanent to grow across. (Vergola plans.)

PLANTING

I added two King Edwards POTATOES to the POTATO/PUMPKIN bed.
PEAS in newspaper pots to be grown up the APPLE espalier frame.

RIPENING

ORANGES, KUMQUATS.

HARVEST

RADISH from Dining room Vegepod. KUMQUATS.

NOTES

1. planted LILIES in cement planter by gas meter. Covered with chook run diggings
2. Covered TURMERIC with chook run diggings.
3. Covered POTATO (random) in APRICOT bed with chook run diggings.

...and then a friend I saw on Thursday contacted me about coming down with COVID over the weekend. She was RAT positive and her husband was RAT negative, but he's tested RAT positive in the last few hours, I think. I'm so far RAT negative, but this evening have a slightly sore throat. And I saw a whole bunch of people this weekend, too! ARGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment