04 April, 2022

garlic: explicit planting plan 2022

1. PLant 1/2 Valiant, 1/2 Monaro Purple before 13th April
2. Plant 1/2 Valiant, 1/2 Monaro Purple during 18th-19th April
3. Plant 1/2 Spanish Roja on 25th-26th April
4. Plant 1/2 Spanish Roja in late May root planting time

Will want really well-draining beds b/c of the expected rain this season and risk of rotting. Except I already used the bathtub garden... Edge composting

Using any of the wicking beds feels like a supremely bad idea, too.

I feel like the cheap metal frame I set up in the front garden bed might be a pretty good option. But I'd have to dig out all the soil, pull out the weeds, put some cardboard/black plastic down to reduce the weeds growing through, and fill it all back up again before I could do that.

Hm. I wonder if I could put soil in the medium-large black pots and stick a olla in it, fill up the olla if we ever reach a point where things start getting dry...

No comments:

Post a Comment