07 March, 2022

Permaculture Design Course: Weekend 1

Permaculture Design Statement (draft)

Our garden is productive and abundant, a neighbourhood icon and influence, abundant and intriguing. It's a space I take pride in and enjoyment in working in. I enjoy the bounty grown in it, the animals that live there, and consider it somewhere I want to be in to read or pray or reflect. My garden is a green paradise in the midst of a straitlaced suburbia. Retrosuburbia in action. The house is comfortable in all rooms and all seasons, with sufficient space for entertaining, enterprise, and storage, as well as living areas, and a preparation area for food coming in from the garden.

Maybe needs more feeling words?

What do I want to feel in my garden? Pride and satisfaction. I want a change from my house spaces and the structures there. I'd like to have somewhere to relax a little, but mostly to produce food in-season and store it out of season, and for other people to take an example from. I want people to be able to say "maybe I can't do all of that, but I can do this one little bit". Or for neighbourhood people to be able to contribute to it or work out how to do their own.

I definitely want a smoother transition from the garden to the house - preparation spaces and storage spaces.

ETA:

Final:

Our garden is productive and abundant, a neighbourhood icon and influence, abundant to the knowing eye and intriguing to those who haven't been taught to see. It's a space I take pride in and which I enjoy working in. It provides my household bounty in a steady supply of eggs, and year-round vegies, and provides for the animals that live there. I consider it somewhere I want to be in to read or pray or reflect.

My garden is a green paradise in the midst of a straitlaced suburbia, a hub of connection in a disconnected city: retrosuburbia in action. Our house is comfortable in all seasons, using minimal energy, with sufficient space for entertaining, enterprise, and storage, as well as for resting and relaxing in the slower spaces of life and living.

Permabee October 2021

HAVE
land - one sixth acre
3 br house (1960s fibro cement over wooden frame, wooden floors)
chickens
fruit trees (15)
vegetable beds (10)
compost bays (2)
contemplation chair
3500L water tank
lawn space
solar panels

NEED
solar battery
annual beds in front yard
verge garden
more water management
solid chookhouse
cold cupboard
electric bicycle
renovation and retrofit for energy management
replace gas with induction
greywater processing

WANT
front yard mandala
humanure
permie neighbours (other permies in street)
reconfiguration of driveway and garden orientations

I may have to rejig what are needs and wants

B1: wants a house that comfortable in all rooms in all seasons, with good energy management, and space

No comments:

Post a Comment