17 September, 2021

apricot-avo, avo-shed, bathtub, wicking

APRICOT-AVO

Currently CORN (glass gem), some BEETROOT, BASIL. Planted some BEANS (blue lake) with many of the corn.

AVO-SHED

Currently has CHOOKS on it, have to work out what's going here. Another Pasta/Pizza plot from OMS?

I am presently growing from seed: TOMATOES, EGGPLANTS, COTTON, ZUCCHINI, CUCUMBER, CAPSICUMS, CHILLIES.

I think I need to double-check the sunlight on that bed, particularly with the donut peach tree in the middle of the yard. I'm pretty sure the midsummer sun is sufficiently high, but just in case.

None of the melons or pumpkins will be growing in the backyard. Cucumber vines only. Big vines take up too much space and we've got plenty of space in the frontyard.

BATHTUB

Currently has CARROTS in baby size (none of the ONIONS planted at the same time took), and a couple of LETTUCES (forellenschluss). I have a couple of CABBAGES in there, but I'm thinking I might pull them out. All I get with brassicas is aphids, unless I thoroughly net them. May have to set up a brassicas frame and netting

WICKING

Currently has ALPINE STRAWBERRIES (perennial) along the 'back', a RADICCHIO, some PARSNIPS (baby, will take all summer to grow), GARLIC CHIVES. I planted...maybe some more spring ONIONS? Or sprouting GARLIC for cut-and-come-again.

No comments:

Post a Comment