13 September, 2021

apple-crepe, crepe-apricot, seed planting

Dumping thoughts:

APPLE-CREPE

Currently BROADBEANS and BEANS (bush, blue ribbon) along the back, mustard everywhere else

check pH of bed!

make a Pasta/Pizza plot from One Magic Square:
TOMATOES (marchand?) & BASIL (Fothergills)
RED ONIONS (lime bed, plant direct)
ROCKET (far side of bed)
EGGPLANT
CHILLI & CHIVES (white packet)
CAPSICUMS - one overwintered growing under the APPLE already, feed v lightly w/ manure tea & seaweed solution

CREPE-APRICOT

Currently ASIAN GREENS (BOK CHOI, CHINESE CABBAGE) - lowest leaves are sketchy, possibly slugs?

Crop Rotation Planning suggests CARROTS, BEETS, RADISHES, then adding fertility with manures. If I skipped the root round, I could maybe manure it up and do CORN? Hm. I don't have peas in any of the beds yet. Might go with SNOWPEAS.

Okay, we'll do SNOWPEAS. I'm pretty sure I have them. Will need to make trellises for them to climb up. Although I guess I already have the frame on the western side of the bed...

check pH of bed!

PLUM-STONE

Currently SPINACH, LETTUCES, SILVERBEET and some BROADBEANS.

Again, Crop Rotation Planning suggests CARROTS, BEETS, RADISHES. I have these mostly growing elsewhere. But the leafy greens will last quite a while here. Could put some more SILVERBEET down, though for through the summer and into autumn? Maybe lime it and plant ONIONS here mid-summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment