30 September, 2026

dear diary: 30th September - last little bits and pieces

WORKING DAY:

With the assistance of Cat, got a post in, attached the unbroken half of the beam to it, then cut off the end, and replaced the broken part.

May need to do a bit of guerilla gardening on the other side of the fence; put down some meadow flowers or something. Perhaps some foxglove? Hm. What about perennials that can grow through the fence but which the chooks can't touch?

POPPIES in the TROPICAL BED.

Two composting thingies and half the soil dumped into the black plastic composter down the bottom of the garden, to process through the summer.

Planted out the remainder of the AVO-SHED: two Red Boar TOMATOES, some MARIGOLDS (or maybe CALENDULAS) on the path side, and a sprinkle of the 'bed filler' container: radishes, carrots, silverbeet, lettuce, beetroot, and maybe shallots? Anyway, we'll see how that goes.

Beds September 2026

Got the PLUM and the DONUT PEACH netted. CHERRIES are flowering and so are SOUR CHERRIES so I don't think I'll get them netted at all, because the fruit would be set by next week and I won't be here next week.

I hope the watering system runs okay while I'm gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment