28 December, 2022

not a diary entry: 2023

Feels like it's been ages since I typed up one of these. Probably because it has. It's easier to go through a list of things and think about them that way than to really contemplate what's going to happen and how to go about it.

2023 is going to be a busy year, starting with the window replacements - which are great, but I also need to work out how to seal the space under/behind the skirting boards of the house. See, there's a slight gap in most of them, and that's probably contributing to the heat loss in winter as well.

First things first, though: getting everything away from the windows, indoors and outdoors, tossing what needs to be tossed, and getting rid of what needs to be gotten rid of.

I need to work out categories for sorting things into, to store useful things together. eg. all pruning equiment, all stuff for fruit trees (fruit fly netting, stocking ties, etc.), hardware, chooks, etc.

Obviously, there'll be some overlap, but hopefully by having them collected together it'll be so much easier to find things!

Before I leave:
1. Fill a barrel with water, soak all the seed pots while I'm away to loosen the dirt.
2. Cut the porch rope into reasonable lengths coil, and store in the shed. (Exactly where? I don't know. Exactly how? I haven't the faintest idea!)
3. Toss out the stuff in the triangle sink on the porch, and put the quick-fix cement into the red bin.
4. Measure the space needed by the IBC and make space for it as needful. (Maybe swap the wooden shelving for the wire shelving at the back of the carport? MEASURE FIRST.) If there's space for it, wrestle the IBC over there.
5. Trim down the BRASSICAS in the FRONT LOUNGE bed.

When I get back, I'm going to hire someone to help me sort through things, because it's easier with someone else there to ask things of ("should I throw out this thing that I like to think I'll use but likely won't?") and someone to share the load.
6. pull out things from 'under the house', would be nice if I could work out storage racks or something there - making more space for things to be stored? Perhaps move the two/three green metal shelves under there? (The problem is getting things off the shelves and stored away while the shelves are being cleaned and moved...
7. I can't think of anything more right now, I'm tired. I'll make a list while I'm visiting K and J at Homeground 2023

Here, have a pic of B1 with a chook under her arm - the incredibly fluffy, broody, and beautiful Goong-bao:

December 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment