18 February, 2022

winter plans for winter plants

Did I say I wouldn't bother with BRASSICAS again?

Okay I lied.

Mind you, I do have all these seeds that need planting out, and since I've got them, I might as well, and it's not like I have a shortage of netting (although I fear the netting has a surplus of grain mites in it), so...

I planted out my brassica seeds in January, most of them have reached the typical "small seedling" stage at which point they get stuck until such a time as I find somewhere to plant them out.

There is not much bedspace in which to plant them out.

There's FRONT WICKING but I suspect there's a leak, VEGEPOD (did that last season, got aphids), TRIANGLE RAISED (still has eggplant and watermelon), TRIANGLE GROUND (has tomatoes, eggplants, and sweet potatoes growing all over it and is difficult to net besides...).

I could maybe use one of the smaller vegepods (VEG1 and VEG2) but they have a habit of drying out and letting aphids in besides. Oh, and at least one of them has grown leeks+black aphids, which I keep forgetting to soap-spray. Hm. I might need really fine netting for the small VEGEPODS. Must ask Margaret where she gets her netting from.

Otherwise, I have to find somewhere to do ONIONS (don't want to use the FRONT WICKING again because I used it last winter). Technically BATHTUB didn't grow any of the onions but plenty of the carrots. But it won't be very sunny... *grimace* Again, TRIANGLE RAISED and TRIANGLE GROUND are both still full of plants...

No comments:

Post a Comment