14 December, 2021

tree management

There are several fruit trees I think I need to dig out:

1. elderflower by the fence: keep in a large pot for all eternity to stop it from shooting all over the place

2. lychee tree in the front yard: not doing well in the ground, think it might need a pot and a better position

3. kumquat tree in the front yard: not doing well in the groudn, think it might need a pot and a better position

4. citrus tree by the gate: not doing well in the ground, dig it out and give it away

I also have another citrus tree up by the garage, in a tiny pot, that I don't actually need or want. I don't want to grow most standard citrus: I don't think I need to. Other people are doing excellent lemons and limes, all I need is one every now and then, maybe a bunch to freeze for the out-of-season citrus flavour.

Big pruning energy needed in the coming weeks. BIG PRUNING ENERGY. A lot of them are going to get pruned down massively, because I can't cope with such large trees right now, particularly in the backyard.

Also, organise better guilds for under the trees, seeing as this is a La Nina year and it's going to be a lot wetter and rainier than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment