08 September, 2020

new chooks!

So after the loss of our lovely new girls, Tja-tse and Sussy, back in July, we're getting another couple of chooks. These are 'refugees' from the new dog that arrived at their place and beset them on all sides with barking and teeth, and the neighbours up the road came and offered them to me because I already had a couple.

So, well and good.

Except that I already messaged a breeder to breed us a couple of laced Barnevelders... So I'll need to upgrade the chooken house a little sooner than expected. Because four chooks will barely fit in to the current chook house, and six defintely won't. And the feathers are undoubtedly going to fly as they work out the pecking order. Oh boy.

Alas, I missed a couple of pre-built chook houses of the right size by a matter of days. So I'm either going to have to buy new or put something together.

The chook yard will have to be extended, too. I have the posts in, just haven't gotten around to reattaching the wire, or putting in the gate. And the gate will definitely need to be put in...

So many little things to do, and not quite enough time available for them...

No comments:

Post a Comment